Welcome to our first blog posting which comes at the end of quite a year for us at First Call Osteopaths:
- We celebrated 10 years of being in our current location in Oakwood, N14
- We rebranded
- We changed our name to reflect the fact that we wanted to concentrate more on osteopathy as our core service
- My NHS osteopathy contract came to an end – watch out for my blog post about my experience of working as an osteopath in the NHS
- We are currently in negotiations with a very experienced and highly-qualified osteopath and researcher to come and join the practice
We’re really proud of the fact that despite the difficult economy we have been able to increase the number of new referrals by personal recommendation. However, we know that we cannot afford to be complacent and that we need to keep moving forwards to improve standards of care for our patients.
So what are our priorities for 2015 and beyond?
- We want to embark on a marketing and PR drive to get osteopathy better known within the local medical community in Barnet and Enfield.
- We want to try and create a hub for local osteopaths in North London so that patients (and us osteopaths) know what our particular areas of expertise are.
- We want to increase our knowledge base and skills by doing more clinical audits and research into our areas of interest.
It feels as though we at First Call Osteopaths are embarking on an exciting new phase of growth and I’m really looking forward to sharing our ideas, insights and developments with you in this blog. With best wishes, Vinod Mahtani Founder and Principal Osteopath at First Call Osteopaths.